Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day!

So, it's cold here. It isn't supposed to be above freezing until next week. AND it snowed 5 inches last night. Overall it hasn't been a very bad winter here in Virginia, but I can still definitely say that I am ready for spring.

 Since I'm currently snowed in and have a lot of pictures from the last year that I'll eventually need to write about, I thought I'd post a tribute to summertime. It is my favorite season, and I CAN'T WAIT to have fresh garden vegetables again. So I'm going to go back through my summertime pictures and cry. I mean...anticipate summer and fantasize over this year's garden.

 I don't have many pictures of last year's garden, but I'll share a few and then show you some of the dishes we made with our awesome vegetable bounty.

A delightful bowl of just-picked beans and peas:


Swiss Chard and the first strawberries of the season:


Chile peppers roasting in preparation for (a delicious and sadly unphotographed) Green Enchilada Sauce:

Fajitas with garden peppers and tomatoes:

Swiss Chard and Tomato Pie:

And in the spirit of Summer, I will add our Fourth of July lunch as well:

Yeah. I will be seriously stoked when it is planting season...and no shoes season....and eat-every-meal-outdoors season... I could go on and on. But instead I should probably dig my car out. Or, y'know, continue drinking beers and playing Mario Kart with my friends/roommates who also stayed home today... Tough choice. Cheers, y'all.

P.S. My partner is currently making gumbo. BEST. Stay tuned for the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment